Thursday, December 07, 2006

knitting like mad, nothing to report

Like everyone, I am knitting like a nutcase but it is all stealth holiday knitting and therefore cannot be publicly posted. With luck I'll finish yet another hat for penguin boy to wear for safety patrol (he lost the first two I made for him within a week), and that I'll be able to show you.

In other forms on noncommunication, I have LARYNGITIS. This is something a singer never wants, but a singer really really really does not want it in December. Gigs out the wazoo, and no voice to bring to them. I have a brief 3-day respite from singing (starting today) before the next onslaught, and am following the generally approved advice which is to drink plenty of fluids (the advice doesn't specifically instruct, but I've found that the corollary mandate is to make many trips to the restroom) and don't talk. So I ain't talking. Not talking is awesome when the phone rings, because I hate the phone. But I'm planning to be a little embarassed at my haircut in an hour... The kids went through this no-talk routine with me a couple of years ago, and it becomes a kind of game for a while.

So there I am: shut up and knit.

1 Comments:

Blogger amisha said...

how rough... i hope you feel better soon! good luck with the holiday knitting :)

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home