Tuesday, July 10, 2007

good news, bad news

The good news, more pics of FO's!

Oak Leaf and Acorn Scarf
Fiber Trends pattern
Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock yarn
(can't think of the name of the colorway)

This is a lovely, easy lace pattern, a great way to cut my teeth on lace knitting (so to speak). The yarn is soft and luscious and I just love the color, which if I weren't such a lazy sod I'd go upstairs and root out the ball band... but it's probably long gone anyway. So there's my oak leaf scarf in the mystery colorway. Next up...

Clapotis scarf (aka Clapotini)
pattern from Knitty
Claudia's handpainted, "denim"

I've already ordered myself some knitpicks yarn (I forget what it's called, but it's a merino fingering-weight in a cream color) to make myself a full-sized clapotis wrap, which I hope to get going on in time for my 3-day spa trip with Tracy and Susan next week (speaking of which: does this sound like paradise to any of you? Three days in a spa in rural Wisconsin with the two smartest, sanest, lovingest people in the world, who have been your steadfast friends for 20 years THIS SUMMER, in a place that serves gourmet healthy food, has a purifying bath ritual, full spa services--I'm getting the sundara body boost and a pedicure--and encourages guests to stay in their luxury terrycloth bathrobes for their entire stay. Oh, plus there will be margaritas).

cloverleaf eyelet cable socks
pattern: Hellen's favorite sock pattern, plus Sensational Knitted Socks
Lisa Souza sock yarn, colorway "wild things"

With this pair of socks I've figured out a good system to fit my feet: 64 stitches for the leg, whittled down to 60 for the foot. Isn't this colorway delicious?? I have enough to make something else from it, too. Yay.

And then... the bad news.
A big, fat, glaring, irreconcilable GOOF about 15 rows back in my Mystery Stole 3. sigh. The worst part of it is that I discovered this bad boy just about two minutes after I had cavalierly pulled out my previous two lifelines. What the hell--I'd just installed a new lifeline. What would I need the old ones for? answer: OLD MISTAKES. sigh.

If you can't see the mistake, or aren't familiar with the ms3, those three right-slanting diagonal lines of yarnovers are supposed to be just that: lines. Not lines with a big zigzag in them. sigh.

I've gone over the various options, including living with it, but I've decided that the only thing that I can sensibly do is tink back 15 rows or whatever (ie, roughly 1500 stitches). Please send your sanity vibes my way.


1 Comments:

Blogger Sunset Knitter said...

They scarves are beautiful

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home