Wednesday, July 04, 2007

prepare for FO's!

Just one pic today, of my completed clue 1 (charts a and b) of the mystery stole:

If you look closely you can see that I've already learned my lesson and added a lifeline (after discovering a grossly misplaced yarnover and tinking back literally hundreds of stitches). I also learned, about lifelines, that while dental floss inserted into the hole of the knitpicks options needles IS an awesome way to add a lifeline, DON'T use waxed floss. Too sticky. Makes the next row troublesome, especially k2togs.

I'm slowly figuring out the most comfortable way to sit and knit off a large chart, with my aging eyes and reading glasses and inherited need to have my feet up off the floor at all times. I think what I really need is a big easy chair labeled For Knitting Only, with an ottoman, a side table on the right and a music stand on the left. This, however, is not going to happen. The music stand might.

Other FO's this week include my clapotini and one eyelet cable sock (the second), and two more zippered wristlets and a purse! Photos to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home