Thursday, June 08, 2006

the bob sock

Meet the bob sock, so called because it was knit, from about 1/2" above the toe to where you see it now, while waiting for my friend Bob to get into, through, and out of his retinal re-attachment surgery. Which went well, thanks for asking. Maybe I can get this puppy off the needles while I take Bob to his eye doctor this afternoon.

As a thank-you, Bob gave me a Richard Shindell cd, Vuelta, which is awesome and bookends beautifully with the Richard Shindell cd, Blue Divide, that my sweetie gave me for my birthday. If you don't already love Richard Shindell, go out and discover him (start with Somewhere near Paterson, or Cry Cry Cry, which he made with Dar Williams and Lucy Kaplansky).

Anyway, the bob sock. It's my first go at the toe-up sock, using Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Sock pattern (sorry I don't know how to link yet; I'll learn), and I'm very much infatuated with the toe-up sock. It's entirely possible that all three pairs of socks I intend to knit this summer in Berlin (one for my sweetie, one for The Movie Maven--my 12-year-old daughter-- and one for the Penguin--my 10-year-old son). No, I have no plans to knit socks for the poodle. She already has a sweater, which she doesn't even like. And as soon as I figure out how to put FO's in a sidebar, I'll post a pic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home